Industry Segments >
While the ownership and management of traditional apartment communities is still the cornerstone of the real estate industry, there has been a significant rise in alternative housing in recent years. Affordable housing, student housing, the privatization of government housing and senior housing/assisted living communities have expanded the offerings of the traditional apartment owner/operator — bringing new capital and business organizations to the industry.
At RealFoundations, our intense industry focus, years of experience and strategic insight has helped many owners and operators of alternative housing solutions maximize the value of their real estate. We have made a direct impact on the bottom-line of our clients by introducing cutting edge technology, innovative ideas and strong business processes.
Starting With the Right Approach
In every sector of the multi-family marketplace, there is an inherent value in the initial experience a prospective resident perceives working with the community manager. The way in which a company operates and treats their prospective and current residents is just as important as location.
By using the right technologies, this experience can actually be measured. Successful companies in this sector have recognized this and have turned to Realfoundations for strategic partnership and an unmatched level of service.
The challenges facing the multi-family market are both operational and technical, and it seems the market is constantly competing with single family housing for the “rent vs. buy” decision of the consumer. There are a number of other challenges that affect the successful ownership and management of these types of assets, including:
- Operating models that do not optimize performance
- Inability to effectively measure performance at all levels
- Inability to gain consensus and consistency across
- Pricing strategies that do not maximize value of the assets
- Inability to effectively manage compliance programs for Federal and State housing programs
- Inability to effectively manage capital improvements and identifying the value of "rehab" and redevelopment
- Inability to effectively monitor development costs and identify budgetary issues proactively
- Continuous search for the "right" balance for rent and care revenue components in the Senior/Assisted living market
- Confusion around analyzing and implementing appropriate technologies to add value to the business through increased productivity and reduced overhead
At RealFoundations, we understand the market and its corresponding challenges. We also understand the technologies that impact it. By partnering together, we will focus on optimizing your business processes, operational models, revenue and expense management, and your organizational models. We can quickly assess your situation, then take steps to help design, build and implement the right technology solutions to help you continue to grow your business.