Industry Segments >
The new economic reality for Homebuilders
The U.S. homebuilding industry is undergoing a period of unprecedented change. The growth cycle of the early 2000s placed a business focus on production rather than operational efficiency, leading to larger, decentralized organizations. But market conditions are now similar to those of the early 90s: buyers are uncertain, lending institutions are left holding devalued assets and starts are down across the industry, placing many builders in significant financial trouble.
The reality of the current economic condition is fact, but how you prepare for the next economic cycle will determine your future. Do you dig in and wait for the market to change? Or do you address the current downturn head-on and create a stronger company for the future? If your goal is to be better prepared to compete in a post-downturn market, RealFoundations can help.
Define & Implement a plan that drives your
Operational efficiencies will help homebuilders weather current economic conditions and prepare for future growth. RealFoundations can help align your operations across operating entities by combining strategic insight, emerging technologies and our extensive experience with industry leading practices. By defining “your way of doing business,” we help define your roadmap to operational efficiency.
Our work with the Homebuilding industry
RealFoundations is the dominant consulting provider to the U.S. homebuilding industry and the clients we serve comprise 25 of the NAHB Builder 50, representing 25% of 2004 U.S. starts and an economic engine of over $95 Billion.
RealFoundations works closely with our clients to define strategies, develop better business processes, and implement technology to:
- Define standard operating procedures and policies for common enterprise processes to establish strategic direction and increase operational efficiency
- Select and implement supporting technology for enterprise-level processes such as estimating & bidding, purchasing, construction start and close, service & warranty and accounting & finance
- Define, design and implement shared services solutions for finance and accounting, including the establishment of corporate-wide Program Management Offices (PMO)
- Improve margins and provide access to executive-level dashboard data by standardizing common enterprise tools such as cost codes and options schemes
- Define integrated technology strategies and to identify and implement scalable target architectures
Services for Homebuilders
We determine how acquisitions are best integrated into your existing business model from a process and technology perspective to enable full realization of your acquisitions’ value.
Business Process Assessment & Improvement
We analyze your business with internal and industry leading practices in mind to help you improve daily operations.
Shared Services and Sourcing Assessment & Strategy
Get a handle on your key business processes, who performs them and how and where they are performed. We help you discover opportunities to combine and/or alternatively source key processes that increase efficiency and operational focus.
Our strategy and technology professionals help you create a technology plan that aligns with management’s strategic and tactical business goals.
Technology Selection & Implementation
We cut through the product hype to determine which leading technology alternative is right for your strategy and manage implementation and rollout.
We provide a portfolio of operationally focused Services and Solutions to help keep your operation stable, error free and performing well. Services and solutions range from training/education programs to software development to end-user support for key industry applications.